Today’s post is very unusual in that it has nothing to do with how we can all pull together and mend our world, solve our common problems, learn new skills and have heaps of fun which is what this weblog is all about. It is a “tag you’re it” post. These are optional and this one was sent to me by a young writer from over here. I read she recently had an article published and it is obvious she will have many works published in the future.
I don’t believe being published is the only definition of being a writer because writers write whether they are published or not. It is totally and amazingly fantastic though. Kind of like seeing some one you love pull on a garment you made them and hearing them squeal “oh thank you I LOVE it” only better because you get to pay some bills.
Hang on, this is supposed to be about me. LOL. On with the tagging.
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs
So here we go. 11 things about myself
1.I would like to think I left this world better than when I got here, even if it is only a tiny bit.
2. I come from a family from where there “never was heard an encouraging word” and owe the fact that I have had a fulfilling and meaningful life to people outside my family who took the time to encourage me in my pursuits. I try to give back by being a positive role model to young people and encourage them when ever I can. I love the following saying. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough.”
3.I am the worst speller I have ever met and even with my good friend “spell check” I still manage to misspell wordds LOL.
4.I have a young son who I hope grows up to find meaningful and satisfying work.
5.I am taking piano lessons in an effort to improve my playing.
6.I love being with other people but also love spending time alone.
7.I have two dogs, one is a pound puppy and the other a poodle and I love them.
8. I have had a life long love affair with libraries and this one really fascinates me. The library of king Ashurbanipal at Nineveh.
9. I am always in the middle of writing something.
10. I always have a craft project on the go with several others waiting in a queue.
11. What ever happens I totally refuse to feel sorry for myself because I know I am lucky to be here at all and I have always been very blessed.
Here are the questions sent by my tagger.
1. If you had to choose, would you rather eat ten pounds of ants or twenty pounds of dog food? (dry) Dog food because I would feel sorry for the ants.
2. Do you have a favorite sport? Or don’t watch them? I rather like Australian Rules Football and in particular Collingwood Football Club. I am dreadfully lacking in the sporting area but admire sports persons greatly. I have a young friend who plays Aussie Rules but I don’t always understand the game. I understand he is brilliant though.
3. It’s the end of the world, and you’re forced to choose between eating your fellow-man, or trying your luck at finding food by travel. Stay and eat, or walk and search? I would definitely strike out with the fellow travelers and leave the eaters to eat each other.
4. Which period of time would you least like to visit? Cave man days. I would hate to wear hides.
5. Did you ever write a note about someone, then that person found it? Yes I did but I hope it has been forgot by now so I won’t raise the issue. LOL.
6. What special room would you add to your house? A library.
7. Would you ever play Jumanji? Only if Robin Williams played too!
8. What is your speciality to cook? Rock cakes.
9. Is there a singer / band you’re ashamed to say you love? Don’t tell any one but I love the music from “the Sponge Bob square pants” movie
10. What issue are you most passionate about? Endangered species, youth crime, ‘illegal’ immigrants, etc . no environment, no problems.
11. Which fantasy realm would you most like to be transported to? The 24th century. Star Treck fantasy realm where “money has gone the way of the dinosaur and people work to enrich their society and themselves”
Questions for my nominees.
1. What is the name of the last book you read and enjoyed.
2.What is the best thing about living where you do.
3.Where would you most like to go for a vacation.
4. What quality do you most value in a friend.
5.What would you most like to make by hand.
6.What superhero power would you like most.
7.Is there a food you really dislike.
8.What is your favorite dessert.
9.Have you ever forgotten to phone someone you told you would?
10. Do you believe in Karma?
11.What would you like to be remembered for?
Here are my nominees not in any order.
Wow! This took a lot of time! See you next post for some serious fun.